THE FERMENTING CELLAR
Originally constructed in 1859 this flagship venue retains its heavy timber beams, and Kingston limestone walls. The historic architecture of The Fermenting Cellar will captivate your guests with its European atmosphere. With 7 500 square feet., and 32 ft. high ceilings, this industrial chic space offers a blank canvas that has been reimagined hundreds of times. From candles to chandeliers our expert event coordinators will guide you in truly making The Fermenting Cellar bring your vision to life.
Elevate your senses with creative and stunning dishes crafted by our Executive Chef, who is dedicated to only using the best possible local ingredients. Our well curated catering package has been carefully designed by our Executive Chef to accommodate a wide range of needs.
|Event Type||W/ Dance Floor||Ceremony & Dance Floor|
|Plated Seated Dining||350||300||200|
|Station Dining – minimal seating||400||300||200|
|Passed Cocktail – minimal seating||600||500||375|
|Theatre Style Seating (presentation)||550|
- A unique blank canvas that can be transformed into a dramatic backdrop for any event
- A 7,500 square foot fully air-conditioned and heated space, including radiant floor heating and 35 ft. ceiling; 16.3 ft. to bottom of beams
- Rental includes dedicated Event Coordinator to help out with all stages of your planning; on-site Event Supervisor, bartenders and serving staff.
- In-house chattel package available including 60” round tables, chiavari chairs, white linens, bar glassware and place settings, a lounge set and four white plexi-glass bars. Package cost is $20 per person.
- Full service event kitchen on site
- In-house exclusive AV supplier consultation included with the ability to customize an audio visual package
- Wheelchair accessible with designated parking close by. Easily accessible by TTC. Plenty of paid parking on site and within close proximity
- Connected to a gallery for additional space. The Thompson Landry Stone Gallery space is an easy addition to the Fermenting Cellar. Space is ideal for a green room, bridal suite, registration, break-out room or small ceremony space (based on availability and at an additional fee)
The Fermenting Cellar fees operate on a food & beverage minimum spend. If the minimum spend is met or exceeded prior to taxes and gratuities, there is no rental fee. The minimum spend ranges from $9,000 – $23,000. The prices fluctuate based on the day of the week, month and time of the year. Please see the link to the venue fact sheet for specific rates.
Minimum spends are subject to change and are honoured upon the rate as noted in your contract. Spends may also be adjusted for multi-day use. Speak to one of our sales team specialist for details.
Where Everything Begins
- Prime Location
- In-House Catering
- Multiple Event Spaces
- Experienced Event Professionals
- Accommodation for Events Up to 400 guests