- Provisional booking can be held for up to five days after a site visit with a coordinator without commitment.
- Confirmation of a private event requires a signed contract along with a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE INFORMATION
- Our Executive Chef has carefully designed our Event Catering Menu’s and Packages to accommodate a wide range of preferences, however we are always happy to customize any menu to best suit your needs.
- Tastings can be arranged one to two months in advance for a confirmed event, once your menu has been decided upon. Please note that we offer tastings on plated meal options only and cannot accommodate tastings for canapés, platters or stations. Tastings are offered complementary for two guests. If you would like to invite more guests to come to your tasting, additional costs will be applied. Please speak to your coordinator for more information on tastings.
- All of our venues are fully licensed, and as such, all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages sold on premise remain the responsibility of the venue. All beverage products and related services are provided exclusively by the venue. We feature a range of bar options including host bar on consumption or a flat rate, and cash bar options.
- Vendor meals are available upon request and charged at $40 per person. Vendor meals offer your choice of two courses served (i.e. – appetizer and entrée)
- We provide children’s menu options for children under 12 years of age. Please ask your coordinator for additional information.
- Distillery Catering does not offer wedding or Birthday Cakes on our menu. We highly recommend our preferred supplier, Le Dolci. Visit their site at https://shop.ledolci.com/
- As this is a service we do not offer, there is no landmark Fee for your wedding or Birthday cake supplier. Plattering of your cake is offered complimentary.
- A Plated cake service is available for an additional charge of $3 per person and includes Crème Anglaise and seasonal berries.
- When booking your cake, please ensure your provider knows that we cannot accept Deliver of cakes until 1-hour prior to your scheduled guest arrival.
- Speak to your Event coordinator to coordinate details.
- The guaranteed number of guests attending the wedding (inclusive of special dietary concerns) is required a minimum of 5 business days in advance of the wedding. After this date, your guarantee cannot be reduced and therefore you will be invoiced based on your guaranteed guest count, or actual attendance, whichever is higher.
HOURS AND ACCESSIBILITY
- Delivery vehicles may access the site only between the hours of 7:00am and 10:00am.
- The venue operates according to hours set in accordance within our catering endorsement. Effectively, 1:45 am is last call on the bar and all persons must depart by 2:00 am.
- Coat check is available seasonally as required and staffed accordingly at no extra charge.
At the Fermenting Cellar we can offer space to accommodate up to 300 coats, anything above this amount may require the rental of an auxiliary space to be set up outside the venue
- The main parking lot runs along the south side of the Distillery District, accessed from Parliament Street. There is also an underground lot on the south side of Mill Street, under the condo tower at 33 Mill Street and an outdoor lot on the north/west corner of Mill and Parliament Streets.
- Please keep in mind that there are a number of outdoor festivals throughout the year that attract thousands of tourists, sometimes daily, this will certainly affect your parking options. These festivals can be booked at any time, please refer to the Distillery District Events Calendar for updates.
- You can allow your guests to find parking on their own and send maps included with their invitations.
- To offer pre-paid vouchers in your invitations (these do not guarantee parking availability), or to reserve up to 10 spots, you may contact the Toronto Parking Authority at 416-338-8752
- You can hire one of our recommended valet companies who will manage the parking for you. Valet companies offer a range of services from handing out pre-paid parking passes, to traditional valet services. Please ask your coordinator for more details.
- A photo permit is required in order to take pictures within the outdoor spaces of the Distillery Historic District. Please visit the Distillery Historic District website for more information. The permit is offered complimentary for clients of Distillery Events who have booked an exclusive venue in the District for their wedding.
- Your photo permit is valid for a 4 hour timespan of your choosing. You may be asked to present your permit while on site, please ensure to have it with you!
- Photos are allowed without a permit within the confines of your booked venue. For photos within art galleries, please contact the galleries directly for permission.
- Please keep in mind that there are a number of outdoor festivals throughout the year that attract thousands of tourists, sometimes daily. These festivals can be booked at any time, please refer to the Distillery District website for updates.
- We do not charge staffing fees. We charge an automatic 18% gratuity on all food and beverage. The gratuities supplement our labour costs. Gratuities are subject to 13% HST and are non-negotiable.
- Security is mandatory and will be arranged through our exclusive Security provider on your behalf.
- We do not have a bridal suite, storage space or a safe within the venue for clients to use. We cannot accept responsibility for personal belongings or valuables. Most clients designate someone in their party to take valuables at the end of the evening. For all events, any personal belongings, gifts, flowers and decor must be removed from the venue the night of the event. Any leftover items may be discarded, the venue accepts no responsibility for any missing or damaged items left on site.
- There is no patio space at the Fermenting Cellar. Due to noise restrictions in the neighbouring area, we cannot create a patio outside the venue.
- The Archeo patio is a designated non-smoking patio
MUSIC AND AUDIO/VIDEO
- AV is offered exclusively through our in house AV team for all of our venues. Please ask your coordinator for more details.
- We are obliged to charge SOCAN tariffs on all private events that bring in a band or DJ. SOCAN is the Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada. We collect the fee on behalf of SOCAN, by adding the fee to your event invoice and forwarding the payment to SOCAN.
- We are located in a partially residential area so we are restricted by the residential noise by-laws and also want to ensure that we keep our neighbours happy! We are required to keep noise levels below 70 decibels after 11:00 p.m. At 11:00pm music will be turned off on both the Archeo and The Loft patios. We do have an audio visual technician on site for the duration of each event to assist and monitor the noise levels. Please note that if the noise levels are not maintained, the Manager on Duty may request all music to conclude immediately.
- We have entered into exclusive partnerships for the following items ~ security, furniture rentals, audio visual services, meaning all these items must be sourced from one of the suppliers noted in our “Exclusive Supplier’s” section. Items pertaining to décor, design, planning services, flowers, entertainment, etc. may be sourced through a vendor of your choosing, although we have included some options in our “Preferred Supplier’s” section. Please ask your Coordinator for further details.
Where Everything Begins
- Prime Location
- In-House Catering
- Multiple Event Spaces
- Experienced Event Professionals
- Accommodation for Events Up to 400 guests